Are you looking for such a career that is good from a future perspective and life-changing?
You are pursuing graduation or have become a graduate? Are you a full-time employee or run a business?
If yes then digital marketing is one of the best options for you.
I will explain about digital marketing as a career option step by step and clear all your possible doubts in this blog.
Before I tell you about a dynamic and growing field, I want to introduce myself and tell the reason why I am so confident about digital marketing.
I am a corporate employee who has 14 years of experience in multiple domains. I have worked with top MNCs. Gradually, I got fed up with my nine hours job. Because there is no work flexibility.
You have to complete your login hours anyhow. You can’t take leaves whenever you want. You can’t choose your work timings.
So, I chose to make my career in digital marketing. I have work flexibility and can earn money with freedom. I am my own boss now.
Anyone can learn the skill of digital marketing and master it easily. Now, I answer all the questions that are asked by people about digital marketing.
Let’s get started!
What is Digital Marketing?
In very simple words, digital marketing is just getting customers for a business through online and digital mediums. Digital Marketing is about promoting and selling products or services using online marketing tactics.
A digital marketer gets to learns multiple skills as a professional such as:
- Search engine marketing (SEM)
- Search engine optimization (SEO)
- Social media marketing
- Email marketing
- Content and copywriting
- Google Analytics
- Web designing
- Marketing Automation
- Marketing Strategies
All the above skills are in high demand in the market.
Why choose Digital Marketing as a career option?
Digital marketing is a good career option for people who want to work independently. Digital marketing is an ever-changing and engaging industry. That is why there is always something new to learn.
There is a growing demand for people who have digital marketing skills. Digital Marking is in demand and it is the future of traditional marketing.
What qualifications are required for learning Digital Marketing?
To learn this skill, you need not any special qualifications. If you have passed Senior secondary school (12th class) from any stream, is sufficient to learn digital marketing. But, for getting a high profile job graduation is required at least.
You must be able to operate the computer and use the internet properly.
To be honest, people will be interested in your practical knowledge rather than your certification if you go for a job or freelancing work. So practice digital marketing after learning it to become good at it.
There is one more thing that I want to share with you that it is a result-based industry. If you are unable to convert your efforts into results, you have not done your job. So, become a result-oriented person even in your personal life.
How much can I earn from digital marketing?
It is a very subjective question. Actually, there are huge opportunities to earn a good amount of money from digital marketing. I have explained below the salary as per skills:
- Fresher – At the beginning of your career, you can earn 25,000 to 30,000 thousand per month as a working professional. Salary increases as you gain more experience and skills
- Digital Marking Manager – After gaining the experience of 4 to 5 years, you become a manager, who manages digital marketing professional and ensure the results. At this stage, you can earn a decent amount of money from 45,000 to 1.5 lakh per month plus incentives. If you get an opportunity to work with top-ranked companies as a manager you can earn up to 3 to 7 lakh per month too.
- Freelancer – Freelancing is one of the good options to start with. A freelancer does not have any restrictions on earnings and can earn as much as he works. As a freelancer, you can live or travel wherever you want while working. You get the freedom to choose the place or time of work. Isn’t it amazing?
- Digital Marketing Agency – After becoming an expert in digital marketing you can establish the Digital Marketing Agency, where you work for big clients and have professionals who work for you.
- Entrepreneur – If you are an entrepreneur then it is good and recommended that you take charge of the marketing and branding of your business. By doing this you save not only thousands of rupees per month but also take care of your business better than anyone else.
How much time will it take you to learn digital marketing?
People ask generally about the duration of learning digital marketing. Well, it is possible to learn digital marketing in just 3 months, if you are really interested and dedicated to it.
It can take up to 6 months, which is the maximum time. This duration is decided as per the digital marking teaching institutes or professional.
As per me, it all depends on the capability of the student that how fast he can learn and understand.
What do I need to learn Digital Marketing?
You just need a laptop/Desktop and a good internet connection. That is all that you need.
Digital Marketing course full time or part-time?
- Full-time Learning: If you have a good amount of time then you should go for a full-time course.
- Part-time Learning: On the other hand, if you are a working person or run a business then a part-time course is recommended because by doing this you can continue your earnings from your regular job or business and learn simultaneously.
Attending an online course on digital marking is recommended. Because it saves your money, time and you understand the power of digital marketing better.
Benefits of learning Digital Marketing as an individual.
- Self-reliant- After learning digital marketing you become financially self-reliant. You can become your own boss. You can work as a freelancer or you are not dependent on someone else for the marketing and branding of your product and service.
- Personal Branding- Digital marketing can help you to brand yourself in the market. The Internet is a great thing to reach billions of people while sitting at home. By leveraging the power of digital marketing you can become a brand in your field and target a specific audience to achieve desired results.
Benefits of learning Digital Marketing for business?
- Easy Reach to the world – Through digital marketing, you can market your product or service all around the world while sitting at home or office.
- Cheaper than Traditional Marketing – You can reach the right customer at the right time at a much lower cost than traditional marketing.
- Trackable- In digital marketing, you can track the success of your campaign and make the strategies accordingly.
- Relationship building – You can build a relationship with your customer and make him or her feel a VIP. and benefit from the customer by selling your upcoming products.
- Better conversion rate – you can achieve improved conversion rates because customers are easily reachable online. You can market and explain your product in a better and effective way.
In the nutshell:
Everything is moving to digital in this era and traditional marketing is disappearing gradually. Digital marketing is growing and creating lots of career opportunities. There is a high demand for skilled professionals in the market. You can also grow with this change by learning a dynamic skill.
You can also read the below informational blogs:
Freelancing.. Be Your Own Boss by Komal Surana
How can we increase Lead Generation? by Pehkhet
5 Rules to Master Digital Marketing by Abhirami Meleth
Why Digital Marketing is important for small businesses by Digi Unnati
Simple Guide to Learn the art of SEO by Routerefine
10 Popular Blog Niches Mommy’s can start That Drive Traffic and Make Money (That aren’t Mommy Blogs) by Sapna Roy
Read This Before You Join Digital Deepak Internship Program 2021! by Learn with Keerthu
I hope you now understand digital marketing better. I wish you all success in your professional and personal life!